Star Wars and Sherwood Forest

So, this is me as Luke and Liz as Robin Hood. Aren't those sweet tunics?
If, like Matt, you are bothered by the nonstandard Luke neckline, just know that I am really Leia from one of the original concepts of Star Wars in which the female twin was the hero. (And do you know how hard it is to find good female clothes with not-particularly-female necklines?)
We all thought it would be grand fun to all go in themed costumes next year. At first, we thought we could all go as super heroes/heroines and or villain/esses. Most of those costumes would cost a lot, though.
Then we thought we could all go as Princess Bride characters. That would be pretty awesome, eh? I want to be Inigo, and Liz wants to be Valerie, and Matt wants to be Count Rugen or maybe Fezzik, and Lucy would be such a perfect Buttercup, and maybe Andrew could be Miracle Max or the Sicilian, and Joel could be Westley...! Etc. Of course we might want to reshuffle the parts; we do have more girls and fewer guys than we really need, but you never know - who says Humperdink can't be as fetching as Mackenzie?


8 Comments:
I'm down for the princess bride, but instead of humperdinck, can I be the old bishop dude with the lisp? And/or Miracle Max/Valerie. I could totally be Valerie. "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!" Or, if all else fails, I'll make a tail and be an ROUS. I could run around biting people.
(which reminds me of a great quote from one of my housemates: "what do I have to bite around here to get some fun?")
Oh, wow, I get either Miracle Max or the Sicilian? I'm surprised that the Albino and Random Guard #3 didn't make the list of such prestigious personages.
The Albino came up in discussion for Mackenzie, and we've already decided that Michael Craig will be the old bishop with the lisp.
And Andrew, you are miracle max simply because Liz decided she was Valerie, and you two could do the bickering jewish couple very well. But if you wish, I'm sure you could be a rather dashing Count Rougen (although you'd have to be killed by Sharon as Inigo Montoya)
And Joel is currently refusing to take part, so you may yet be Wesley. We shall see.
Man, why do I always refresh when there aren't any comments, and think there aren't any when there are a bunch? Grr.
I'm all for the Princess Bride. If Joel continues to refuse (apparently dressing up in anything fantasy-related is now a VERY touchy subject), Lucy could be Westley and Mackenzie or Meredith could be Buttercup. We were wondering what to do with Meredith.
Other options which are more sci-fi and more Joel-happy:
The Thrawn Trilogy. Although I think there'd be a huge fight over Thrawn.
Firefly
Star Trek: guess who's idea?
Battlestar Galactica: same as above
I'd be happy with any of these, also, although I think the Princess Bride is more fun because more people would recognize it, and the characters wear more differenter costumes. Y'know, not all military uniforms.
Dibs on Thrawn.
It's true. Meredith would be a great Buttercup. And I could be... could I be someone from the book? No, that would not be very recognizable. I refuse to be the albino, though. Sorry. And Humperdinck has a stick up his... bottom. So hopefully I don't resemble him very much at all (as I say this, I'm picturing all of you laughing hysterically, because I guess maybe I am really very uptight....). Could I be Yellin? Yellin could be fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home