Character Guidelines
I e-mailed this to some of you, but here are the character guidelines for next week's one-shot:
1. Races from Player's Handbook
2. Any nonevil Base Class(es) from anywhere, as long as you give me the stats, including spell lists.
3. Free multiclassing
4. 6th level characters
5. Ability Stats: Roll 4d6, discard lowest. Roll 7 scores, discard lowest. Assign by preference. +1 for passing 4th level.
6. Money: 2d6 + 10 X 1000 gp
7. Treasure: Max 25% on any one item. Max 25% on permanent magic items. Max 75% on offensive items. (On the slight chance that Joel is reading this, this is a change.)
8. Treasure bonus: I will add 2000 gp to your total value if you allow me to purchase a more "humorous" item (which will also have at least one helpful use) for you.
9. HP: Roll as if progressing normally. Max for 1st level. Add Constitution at every level.
10. Nonevil alignment, please.
11. Let me know what your character is ASAP so I can factor him/her into encounters.
Flavor of the Game:
Liz has requested the appearance of a dungeon and/or a dragon. She's playing a rogue. Joel wants to fight a manticore. He's playing a sorcerer 5/fighter 1.
This adventure should have some city and some country. You might need to track, bypass traps or pick locks, sneak quietly, or remember ancient lore. You will definitely need to smash monsters. I am not going to focus on intrigue and diplomacy, although there will be many NPCs it would be better not to smash. I'm going for a lighthearted feel. Liz wants to play a hot male philandering half elf.
1. Races from Player's Handbook
2. Any nonevil Base Class(es) from anywhere, as long as you give me the stats, including spell lists.
3. Free multiclassing
4. 6th level characters
5. Ability Stats: Roll 4d6, discard lowest. Roll 7 scores, discard lowest. Assign by preference. +1 for passing 4th level.
6. Money: 2d6 + 10 X 1000 gp
7. Treasure: Max 25% on any one item. Max 25% on permanent magic items. Max 75% on offensive items. (On the slight chance that Joel is reading this, this is a change.)
8. Treasure bonus: I will add 2000 gp to your total value if you allow me to purchase a more "humorous" item (which will also have at least one helpful use) for you.
9. HP: Roll as if progressing normally. Max for 1st level. Add Constitution at every level.
10. Nonevil alignment, please.
11. Let me know what your character is ASAP so I can factor him/her into encounters.
Flavor of the Game:
Liz has requested the appearance of a dungeon and/or a dragon. She's playing a rogue. Joel wants to fight a manticore. He's playing a sorcerer 5/fighter 1.
This adventure should have some city and some country. You might need to track, bypass traps or pick locks, sneak quietly, or remember ancient lore. You will definitely need to smash monsters. I am not going to focus on intrigue and diplomacy, although there will be many NPCs it would be better not to smash. I'm going for a lighthearted feel. Liz wants to play a hot male philandering half elf.


5 Comments:
Wait, we're doing this NEXT week? When is this thing going down, exactly? This is all happening so fast...I'm-- I'm not sure I can take it...
*faints*
Matt? Matt? Somebody call a doctor! Or a cleric!
. . .
Or a necromancer!
Nah. All he merits is a ranger with a few ranks in Heal.
Ckellecost the Lawful Good Elf Ranger says: "Get up, human."
Yeah. Next week. You and your girlfriend need to roll up some characters.
You're right, Lucy. That's some pretty sketchy self-censoring going on there.... I'm worried too.
wants to PLAY a hot male
Post a Comment
<< Home