Trip to King of Prussia
First, my aunt showed me the new Renaissance clothes she is making, and let me pick out a dress to wear to the Renn. Faire. My whole family and most of my aunt's family is going on opening weekend (for the half-price tickets).
Then, Lucy and I had a lovely chat before going to bed. We perused the awesome posters Chad sent, and I suggested she get the one that says: "Waaaauuuuugh! Vocabulary is overrated." I'm not sure I'd want to display any of them prominently, but some of the captions describing female armor expressed my sentiments on that subject exactly. And the Level 1 Wizard was pretty funny, too. Fear my color spray!
I got to hear Lucy's dad at church. It was his birthday, too, so the family kindly included me in their lunch out. We all watched "The Reduced Shakespeare Company" recording.
At the mall, Lucy and I walked through the Ethan Allen store and made up stories for all the display rooms. My favorite story was for a slightly overdone nautical-looking room. It is a room occupied by a retired ship's captain, furnished by his kind-hearted sister. A few of the pieces were his from the ship and look genuine, but most of the decor serves only to remind him of his lost ocean.
While we were drinking smoothies on a bench, a guy tried to pick us up. I didn't say anything, because at first I thought the guy knew Lucy. She politely gave him very unhelpful answers. When he didn't know what an "alma mater" was, let alone have one, we decided that was enough.
I bought some gold hoop earrings to help me with my pirate costume. I also bought a black-and-white Star Wars belt at Hot Topic, with over a dozen ships from the original movies on it.
Home again now with only 17 more days of work to go!
Then, Lucy and I had a lovely chat before going to bed. We perused the awesome posters Chad sent, and I suggested she get the one that says: "Waaaauuuuugh! Vocabulary is overrated." I'm not sure I'd want to display any of them prominently, but some of the captions describing female armor expressed my sentiments on that subject exactly. And the Level 1 Wizard was pretty funny, too. Fear my color spray!
I got to hear Lucy's dad at church. It was his birthday, too, so the family kindly included me in their lunch out. We all watched "The Reduced Shakespeare Company" recording.
At the mall, Lucy and I walked through the Ethan Allen store and made up stories for all the display rooms. My favorite story was for a slightly overdone nautical-looking room. It is a room occupied by a retired ship's captain, furnished by his kind-hearted sister. A few of the pieces were his from the ship and look genuine, but most of the decor serves only to remind him of his lost ocean.
While we were drinking smoothies on a bench, a guy tried to pick us up. I didn't say anything, because at first I thought the guy knew Lucy. She politely gave him very unhelpful answers. When he didn't know what an "alma mater" was, let alone have one, we decided that was enough.
I bought some gold hoop earrings to help me with my pirate costume. I also bought a black-and-white Star Wars belt at Hot Topic, with over a dozen ships from the original movies on it.
Home again now with only 17 more days of work to go!


2 Comments:
Did you just say that you bought something at Hot Topic?
my head Asplode
Yes.
Uh, want some glue?
Post a Comment
<< Home