Sharp Pointy Objects!
Camping means real mountains, and building fires, and cave-scrambles, and wading in rivers on slippery rocks, and wearing and using my pocketknives.
We managed to find some nice wilderness on our trip, and also some really awesome roller coasters. My favorite coaster is now the Millenium Force at Cedar Point. I also bought a nice picture in the cave gift shop. It's tin on wood, so it's very shiny, and it has two guys (maybe a barbarian and a paladin?) riding on dragons fighting each other.
I'll definitely check out some of the hero-girls mentioned in the last set of comments. I'm still curious, though, as to why guys would feel that way? It seems like girls like me are pretty much out of luck, in that case. But if you're tired of that train of conversation, don't bother.
We managed to find some nice wilderness on our trip, and also some really awesome roller coasters. My favorite coaster is now the Millenium Force at Cedar Point. I also bought a nice picture in the cave gift shop. It's tin on wood, so it's very shiny, and it has two guys (maybe a barbarian and a paladin?) riding on dragons fighting each other.
I'll definitely check out some of the hero-girls mentioned in the last set of comments. I'm still curious, though, as to why guys would feel that way? It seems like girls like me are pretty much out of luck, in that case. But if you're tired of that train of conversation, don't bother.


4 Comments:
Maybe guys don't know why. Or maybe it's an insulting reason.
After seeing pirates 2 for a second time, I can see why it got such mixed reviews. I still don't agree, of course (Depp + swashing buckles is good enough for me). But it also has one of the muddiest second acts I've ever seen. Once it gets going, it's really enjoyable (and the end fight is one of the best sword fights EVER), and I think that covers a multitude of sins. That and the ending (not really a cliffhanger as some have said - a tag perhaps. teaser, most definitely).
Hey, okay, this is not exactly the guy thing, but check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superhero
Turns out there are actually a whole lot of superhero women. Just not a lot of them have movies yet. (That can be your job.)
Oh, and if we're talking about Pirates 2, I saw it with my sister, and I don't think I like it as much as the first one. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought: it was open-ended, there was too much grossness, and some of the action was just...silly. Plus, Elizabeth Swan just kind of irritates me. Despite being action-oriented and engaged to a reluctantly action-oriented guy. (Another one for your list, though, Sharon.)
I guess I should start reading comic books.
Post a Comment
<< Home