Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

High-ho, High-ho, the next Recap does Go

Or whatever. It is, as before, in the sidebar link for Herohaven.

It's really hard to guage how things will go: in my first adventure, the heroes charmed two wolves (both CR 1) and knocked out a goblin without ever getting a scratch. In this one, the bat swarm (CR 2) took out my sorcerer and my druid, and dropped one ranger to 0, leaving me with one ranger with one hit point to drag everyone to safety.

I can see why DMs like dungeons, though: there's a fairly set progression of what can happen, and a limited space in which it happens. And, once you've drawn one, you can use it for a couple of adventures.

Anything else interesting - hmm, just watched Monty Python Holy Grail again, I don't have to go to work on Monday, I'm more than halfway through A Game of Thrones, we ate barbecued chicken outside. That's about it. Oh, we might go to Salvation Army this weekend and I can look for my piece of leather.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Dungeons? Bah.

Game of Thrones? Yah.

11:26 PM  
Blogger brenderlin said...

Oh that foolhardy monk. Bah.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Foolhardy monk! Yah!

(Whatever happened to him, anyway?)

Swarms are kind of interesting as monsters. I wouldn't use them very often, but they're an interesting change from the ordinary (since, for one thing, they cannot fail to do damage).

6:40 PM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

The piece of leather is for making myself a leather jerkin.

I liked the foolhardy monk. He was another half-elf and another good-aligned character. I bet the one place he isn't is with Gennon, because Deegan's note seemed to indicate that he was.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home