Snow!
Friend from Alabama: In Alabama, they close everything for a week if we get two inches. Hooray for snow!
Friend from England: I've waited for eight years for snow like this, and it's too cold!
Friend from Virginia: I don't like the cold.
Friends from around here: They were calling this a blizzard? Snow and wind, yes; blizzard, not quite, at least not right here.
Friends from Alabama and from King of Prussia: Let's go sledding down Cemetary Hill!
We had great fun going down a steeper hill than any near my house. Our trains were especially fun because every time we tried it, at least one of us lost her saucer. I was boldly proclaiming that I never lost mine until the last run. Sure enough, mine came out from under me and I rode down half the slope on the back of my coat (which was thankfully pretty slippery). I was quite fine, but as I rested on my back at the bottom of the slope, looking up into Lucy's face, she bent over me and cried, "Speak to me!"
Friend from England: I've waited for eight years for snow like this, and it's too cold!
Friend from Virginia: I don't like the cold.
Friends from around here: They were calling this a blizzard? Snow and wind, yes; blizzard, not quite, at least not right here.
Friends from Alabama and from King of Prussia: Let's go sledding down Cemetary Hill!
We had great fun going down a steeper hill than any near my house. Our trains were especially fun because every time we tried it, at least one of us lost her saucer. I was boldly proclaiming that I never lost mine until the last run. Sure enough, mine came out from under me and I rode down half the slope on the back of my coat (which was thankfully pretty slippery). I was quite fine, but as I rested on my back at the bottom of the slope, looking up into Lucy's face, she bent over me and cried, "Speak to me!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home