Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

Every new depth of insight shows us how much God loves us.

A reflection after hearing the brilliant recitation of the history of Middle Earth by my father. God is so awesome. And yet, He didn't just send angels to help some elves have a chance to sail to "heaven;" He sent His Son that all who believe might have eternal life. Sometimes that just hits you like a pounding waterfall.

Second thought: It's good to be the kind of person that many don't understand. You have to be yourself.

Enough with seriousness. New Year's Eve: We were going to watch "National Treasure" in the morning, only to discover it wasn't showing in the morning. We decided to clean instead, instead of cleaning on New Year's Day like we usually do. We watched part of the extended version of The Two Towers in the evening, and went to bed at 10:00, keeping up the tradition of NOT staying up late on New Year's Eve. We did not eat pork and sauerkraut. We are not PA Dutch. New Year's Day: I finally got on the computer again while my brother went to practice driving with my Dad. Anticipated more LOTR extended edition tonight!

My favorite Christmas present was my own set of the Chronicles of Narnia with the original illustrations and covers. I also have the promise of my own set of LOTR extended edition. It'll probably show up on my birthday in January.

Our friend Dongshu came down from NYC for Christmas. I'm glad we were able to give her somewhere cheerful to spend the holiday.

I'm extremely happy to be done with my few days of work over Christmas break. Deadfiles take a lot of stick-to-itiveness. What are deadfiles? They're plans and letters from old projects the office has done, and need to be sorted through and some of them tossed.

My family is so cool! I havn't needed the amusement of the computer as much at home. I'm not so disconnected.

Since everyone else has a cool name, I thought about a pen name too: Lark Speare. Do you like it? Comments?

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hey, Sharon. Just discovered your blog (from a comment you made to mackenzie's blog). Have a most excellent end-of-vacation. Lark Speare--good name, if you don't mind the implied lark-murdering.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

I hadn't heard of that - what is it?

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home