Just a little time
Script to Screen is a good class, generally. However, analyzing a film right after watching it can be tough. Not so much for something like "The Taming of the Shrew," but for something as touching as "Othello," jumping straight into semiotics seems almost like disgracing the dead. Can we at least have a few minutes of silence after watching the deaths of Desdemona, Emilia, and Othello before we discuss the significance of opening the window to shed light on their deathbed? So, I hope we don't have any more heartwrenching tragedies in this class.
On a lighter note, here are some interesting holidays in 2005. I hope you'll all celebrate them with me:
Feb. 14, as well as being Jess's birfday and Valentine's day, is also Ferris Wheel day.
March 1 is National Pig Day
August 6 in National Fresh Breath Day
Sept. 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day - I kidd you not
Sept. 22 is both Hobbit Day and Elephant Appreciation Day
Oct. 26 is Mule Day
Here's to a year of fun and oddity!
On a lighter note, here are some interesting holidays in 2005. I hope you'll all celebrate them with me:
Feb. 14, as well as being Jess's birfday and Valentine's day, is also Ferris Wheel day.
March 1 is National Pig Day
August 6 in National Fresh Breath Day
Sept. 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day - I kidd you not
Sept. 22 is both Hobbit Day and Elephant Appreciation Day
Oct. 26 is Mule Day
Here's to a year of fun and oddity!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home