Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Monday, November 20, 2006

And then they attacked!

We watched part of Alphaville (Jean Luc Godard) in class this morning. It's his surrealist sci-fi piece. Most of the conventions are from film noir. However, on reflection, it seemed rather like a poorly run D&D campaign. And then they attacked! Three times in the 45 minutes that we watched, random men jumped out of random places and the hero (Lemmy Caution) nonchalantly shot or stabbed them, causing them to fall out of the frame as quickly as they had entered it. Sometimes there was a little chasing around first. Usually they came from places they couldn't possibly have been; like jumping out of the bathroom after the hero had just been filling the tub with water (and we could see the entire bathroom).

So that was fun.

I think I'm interested in the surrealism movement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Captain Shar said...

If I recall, you prestidigitate. I know I washed at least twice - once after fighting those goblins, and once when we reached Sade. I actually distinctly remember having to make a Fortitude save for cold water the first time.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home