Ah, home.
Let's see: I just tried to get the creases out of some pants I lengthened. Not my usual story, but hey.
I'm writing a Worldviews (the bad class) paper now because about half of my group neglected to get their article summaries to me in any decent time to work on it before break. It's due on Tuesday. Also, several of said summaries are very short, poorly written, and not to the point.
I got kicked out of the world in Risk. South America does not like me. Other than that, I've been pretty happy, playing lots of board games with various peoples.
Thanksgiving saw me up near Philly again, at my aunt's house near King of Prussia. Food was delicious, as usual. We cousins played word games, one of our Thanksgiving traditions.
We're probably going to see Stranger Than Fiction tomorrow at the new cinema near my house. It sounds like a pretty awesome cinema; it's independent, and is showing a mix of blockbusters, indies, and old classics. It's also about five minutes from my house.
I'm writing a Worldviews (the bad class) paper now because about half of my group neglected to get their article summaries to me in any decent time to work on it before break. It's due on Tuesday. Also, several of said summaries are very short, poorly written, and not to the point.
I got kicked out of the world in Risk. South America does not like me. Other than that, I've been pretty happy, playing lots of board games with various peoples.
Thanksgiving saw me up near Philly again, at my aunt's house near King of Prussia. Food was delicious, as usual. We cousins played word games, one of our Thanksgiving traditions.
We're probably going to see Stranger Than Fiction tomorrow at the new cinema near my house. It sounds like a pretty awesome cinema; it's independent, and is showing a mix of blockbusters, indies, and old classics. It's also about five minutes from my house.


3 Comments:
I played Risk recently with my two roommates, Mike and Josh. I had South America, and it worked pretty well for me. However, half-way through the game (we set an end time), Mike left to watch a movie and was replaced by T-. T-, knowing the game wouldn't go too much longer and having no investment whatsoever in the game, took all his armies, piled them together, and (since he enjoys picking on me (stupid cretin)) blasted through my territory, destroying most of my armies, along with all of his (leaving him undefended against Josh). The game ended because of time. This scenario just reaffirms my dislike for Risk.
Happy Thanksgiving!
It's a war of attrition! It's a war of attrition!
Both times I played recently I had South America, and both times I got kicked out first or near the beginning. This past time, I was doing really well until my opponent who was barely in North America rolled amazingly. All my extra armies were blown to pieces, and I was left with only one strong army to defend South America. A couple of turns later, the person who held Africa had enough strength to break through my defenses and take all of South America, while the guy in North America and Europe gobbled up the rest.
Post a Comment
<< Home