Art
Matt and Liz have deduced my real reason for going to the Philadelphia Museum of Art: they have an arms and armor section.
First we walked through to the small Rodin sculpture museum (The Thinker), and then we perused about one quarter of the main museum. We went to arms and armor first, where Matt and I had a lot of fun. There was a really awesome-looking tournament shield there I would like to own. It was all fan-ridged and twisty and looked like black iron. Then we went to the Asian art section. They had a few pieces there dated from more than three millenia ago. Yikes.
We found the estuary of the Delaware and Schulkyll behind the museum. I climbed up and down a big pile of rocks a couple times. Matt and Liz climbed down it once.
Then Matt and I were ravenously hungry, so we found a little diner where only one man was working (you could tell he wasn't used to waiting, but he was very nice) and ordered sandwiches and Liz bought apple pie.
First we walked through to the small Rodin sculpture museum (The Thinker), and then we perused about one quarter of the main museum. We went to arms and armor first, where Matt and I had a lot of fun. There was a really awesome-looking tournament shield there I would like to own. It was all fan-ridged and twisty and looked like black iron. Then we went to the Asian art section. They had a few pieces there dated from more than three millenia ago. Yikes.
We found the estuary of the Delaware and Schulkyll behind the museum. I climbed up and down a big pile of rocks a couple times. Matt and Liz climbed down it once.
Then Matt and I were ravenously hungry, so we found a little diner where only one man was working (you could tell he wasn't used to waiting, but he was very nice) and ordered sandwiches and Liz bought apple pie.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home