Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Final Recap

The exciting conclusion of our light-hearted adventure is up! Check out Herohaven!

Let's see. I went to NYC with my family on Saturday. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I think I have discovered that my favorite forms of art are actually useful objects as well, like swords and armor and barding. I also like statues. My sister is more into paintings.

We also got pizza at a nice Italian restaurant, and drove down Broadway for a bit, and passed my mom and dad's old Hoboken apartment.

I've been buying a few things for school, and trying to finish up some projects, and trying to start my Husa story again, and trying to find a plot for some characters for a screenplay that I really like.

8 Comments:

Blogger brenderlin said...

I might be okay with the "screenwriting corner" idea, but just for accountability purposes (at least for first draft). I'm positive that whatever first draft I'll come up with will be trash, and I'd want to polish it up myself before giving it to anyone else. But I'd be fine with the idea of keeping each other accountable, but only if everyone promised not to read any of the pages. I dunno, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

As for finding a plot for characters you like. Something I'm finding is that the opposite very often works better. Finding a High-Concept idea to Put established characters into is a lot harder than having a High-Concept idea, and writing well-developed characters specifically for that story.

But I'm really not experienced enough to be dispensing advice, so please feel free to ignore everything I say. I'm just saying this from finishing outlining Act I for a high-concept "sci-fi on a budget" screenplay. Meh.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

In response to mat(t)'s comment: In fiction, the general wisdom is that some people go idea-to-character and some people character-to-idea, it's just individual working method. I'm not positive it's the same in screenwriting, but I would guess yes. And that's my two cents.
Love, Liz.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

See, my Husa story is stuck because I have a plot, and I can't get my characters to fit into it, despite several major shifts.

I'm gonna try this way (characters first), and see if it works any better. Hey, maybe when they talk to each other it won't sound so much like a philosophy class. We can hope.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

Yeah. So, I'll probably talk to you about the screenwriting within the first week of Philly. I'm totally OK with not reading anything. I just need to be able to send a 3, or 4, page document to someone every week. And know that they will mock me mercilessly if I don't.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

Didn't those kids get there on a field trip? Oh, right, homeschooling.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Bravo! It looks like you guys had a whole lot of fun with the campaign.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

We did indeed. No grisly skeletons, hardly any near-death experiences, a lot of color and a friendly dragon: a great intro to DMing for me, and a style that my guinea pigs, er, family, really enjoyed.

Lucy: If you want to play senior year, I could probably arrange a one-shot based on Grandma Silverfingers.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

Frosty destruction refers to the +1 magic throwing axe, frost weapon.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home