Migration Draweth Nigh
All my stuff is safely stowed in the minivan for tomorrow's moving. I spent all day yesterday packing, and so I had plenty of free time today. I finished sewing my leather jerkin, so I could take it with me. I didn't finish the scabbard or the bracers. We took a picnic to Speedwell Forge, which is a nice medium forest by a stream and a lake. We also played Carcasonne all afternoon. I won.
I'm really looking forward to my classes. They should be challenging artistically, and thus be more interesting than the generic "talk about peoples' views through time" kinds of classes. Except for the pluralism class. That one'll probably be even more like those generic classes than they are like themselves.
I'm so nervous about my new roommates. What if we have irreconcilable living habits? (That happened freshman year.) I suppose at least that it'll be fun to hear our answering machine recording: "Welcome to the voicemail of Sharon, Sharon, Lindsey, and Liz." Saying it like that real estate firm "Squire, Squire, Hackam, and Dudley" in Noises Off, off course. Anyway. I don't know if they even let you record your own answering machine message. Guess I'll find out.
I'm really looking forward to my classes. They should be challenging artistically, and thus be more interesting than the generic "talk about peoples' views through time" kinds of classes. Except for the pluralism class. That one'll probably be even more like those generic classes than they are like themselves.
I'm so nervous about my new roommates. What if we have irreconcilable living habits? (That happened freshman year.) I suppose at least that it'll be fun to hear our answering machine recording: "Welcome to the voicemail of Sharon, Sharon, Lindsey, and Liz." Saying it like that real estate firm "Squire, Squire, Hackam, and Dudley" in Noises Off, off course. Anyway. I don't know if they even let you record your own answering machine message. Guess I'll find out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home