Best Sleuth of the Party
This was a very nice weekend. The murder mystery was great fun. The mystery itself wasn't that well put together (everybody had a motive, no one had an alibi, and you couldn't really examine the nonexistent crime scene). Nobody guessed the murderer in our group, but I got voted Best Sleuth and won a $10 gift certificate to Circuit City. Everybody was very much in costume, and acting their parts pretty well. We also had a really nice supper which was themed with the two mysteries, a 50s cookout and a luau.
Saturday I saw Pirates 1 and 2 again, in pirate costume. Pirate costumes are very comfortable. And my brother wore a clip-on gold hoop earring! That was definitely worth seeing.
On Sunday I went to a free concert in the park with the Bible study group. It was "Cherish the Ladies," an all-women Irish band playing traditional Irish music. They even had a little step-dancing going on.
The housing for Philly is official, so I just sent off a "hi-ya" type e-mail to my three roommates. Not that Liz really needs to read it.
We just watched E.T. tonight. I think the film major stuff is definitely starting to rub off on me, because I felt quite relieved when I realized that this film actually had good cinematography. I hadn't been consciously missing it in other movies, but I could tell it was there in this one.
Saturday I saw Pirates 1 and 2 again, in pirate costume. Pirate costumes are very comfortable. And my brother wore a clip-on gold hoop earring! That was definitely worth seeing.
On Sunday I went to a free concert in the park with the Bible study group. It was "Cherish the Ladies," an all-women Irish band playing traditional Irish music. They even had a little step-dancing going on.
The housing for Philly is official, so I just sent off a "hi-ya" type e-mail to my three roommates. Not that Liz really needs to read it.
We just watched E.T. tonight. I think the film major stuff is definitely starting to rub off on me, because I felt quite relieved when I realized that this film actually had good cinematography. I hadn't been consciously missing it in other movies, but I could tell it was there in this one.


3 Comments:
Best sleuth of the party! Woot!
Fear my gossipy questions! (All for my column, of course.)
hooray cinematography!
Post a Comment
<< Home