Batman Band Aid
Yesterday I sliced the skin on my knuckle on some sharp windowblinds. Not wanting to subject the small wound to all kinds of cleaners and whatever stuff had already been wiped off the walls and furniture and into the bucket, I requisitioned a band aid. There was no first aid kit in that particular dorm, so I went with my supervisor to her room and she got me a Batman band aid. She's engaged to a Superman fan.
Herohaven is coming along well. It's obviously not quite as developed as Tyrenon yet, but I have my main pantheon and beginning mythology 90% worked out, some preliminary maps, a language flavor for all of my PC races (and I've added orcs, goblins, and giants, potentially with some stat adjustments), and an enthusiastic group of 4 for my first adventure (which is to be played on Saturday).
Does anyone know of a website which explains how to arrange encounters with the appropriate CR for a party of 4 first-level characters? And how to award XP? I'm probably going to end up buying the books, but I may not have them by Saturday.
Herohaven is coming along well. It's obviously not quite as developed as Tyrenon yet, but I have my main pantheon and beginning mythology 90% worked out, some preliminary maps, a language flavor for all of my PC races (and I've added orcs, goblins, and giants, potentially with some stat adjustments), and an enthusiastic group of 4 for my first adventure (which is to be played on Saturday).
Does anyone know of a website which explains how to arrange encounters with the appropriate CR for a party of 4 first-level characters? And how to award XP? I'm probably going to end up buying the books, but I may not have them by Saturday.


5 Comments:
You have 4 characters in the party? Excellent. The game is built around the concept of the 4-person party, so a CR 1 monster should use up about 20% of the party's resources (HP, spells, etc.). However, after the first level or two (during which time the PCs are quite squishy) you can usually do a bit above their level. Your level 1 party could probably take a CR 2 or even CR 3 baddie, but they'd take that much more hurt.
To get a much better idea in each individual case, I'd suggest the following site:
http://www.d20srd.org/encounterCalculator.htm
That section of the site is great for encounters, and it also tells the correct XP for each encounter.
The rest of the site has most of the Player's Handbook and Dungeon Master's Guide.
Also, I can't wait for a recap.
:)
Just make sure you aren't so in love with the setting that you spend the entire time flying over elf islands, and NEVER GET TO FIGHT ANYTHING.
Sorry, I'm still kind of bitter about that one.
Me too, Matt. Me too.
Hey, I like flying and I like elves and I like islands.
But no, my people are on the Western continent (as yet unnamed, but the only one of decent size on the west) in halfling/gnome territory and are definitely going to be fighting something. (I already know what, but I wouldn't want to spoil the recap.)
Post a Comment
<< Home