Moby
He swims below the surface, gleaming blue and aqua over every inch of his skin - which would be about three. Moby is the name of my coworker's fish. His predecessor was named Bob, but Bob unfortunately died about the first week I was at work. Moby, however, is very cheerful. If you turn your head partly toward him, he'll swim up and down very fast to get you to look at him. Sometime's he'll chase your finger. He lives in a vase with a Peace Lily in the top of it. The Peace Lily puts oxygen into the water, and Moby can nibble its roots. So, he doesn't need a bubbler, and he doesn't even really need food. It is fun to give him his tiny freeze-dried worms, though, and watch him gulp them up. Moby almost had a catastrophe the over the weekend. The Peace Lily was pulled out, and only one root was left in the water. That must have given him enough oxygen that he was OK, but we were worried about the plant. Thankfully, it has now revived. Moby is a lot more fun to look at than deadfiles.
Liz, I'm pondering taking a similar fish to school - any thoughts/preferences on the subject?
Liz, I'm pondering taking a similar fish to school - any thoughts/preferences on the subject?


6 Comments:
I wouldn't have a problem with it, and I think Lucy has a goldfish, so she should be fine as well (it's possible that the goldfish was her roommate's...not real sure).
I'm trying to think of problems it would cause, but I can't really think of any. So good then.
You want to know what problems a fish can create? Having once posessed a fish, I'm something of an expert on the subject.
1. They require feeding. It took me a few fish to figure this out.
2. They require water. Yeah, I actually figured this out before #1, but it took a few tries.
3. You need to clean out the tank once in a while. I think I finally got this somewhere between fish #13 and #17.
4. Wild parties. Stupid fish...
lol.... wild parties... haha.
Fishes are nice. We likes the fishes, precious, so scrumptiously crunchable....
A fish would be a problem if you had Gollum for a roommate.
OK, we'll see (I get extremely motivated to get one, and then not-so-motivated, by turns.) And you can all come party with the fish if you want to. We could spread little colored rocks on the floor and munch on gummy worms and make fishy faces. Or not.
Yeah. We could do that. And then you could be the designated vacuumer. Do you know how hard those colored rocks are to get out of the carpet? Stupid fish...
Big rocks. Like those ones that look like little jewels. But, anyway, I've decided not to get a fish (amusing though Moby is at work, school is much more amusing), so all that debate was for naught.
Post a Comment
<< Home