Film
I checked out two books from the library: Digital Photography, and 8mm Movie Making. I figure if I combine those, I should get Digital Movie Making. Our family is going to try to make a movie this summer! That makes me so happy, because I just love it when a situation has a goal, and now our whole family will be working on making a movie. I'm going to try something pretty simple first, that everyone in my family will like. I'm thinking of doing a card game called "Scum." It's a pretty simple card game. If you saw the animated short of the chess-playing guy before "A Bug's Life," it's probably going to be something like that. If you go out last in the game, you're the "scum" for the next round. My dad is notorious for sinking down to that position. So, I'm going to have the game going on, as more and more people go out, and "becoming the scum" gets more and more imminent. I'm thinking of intercutting the real scene with a painting, that gets more and more swampy features added to it. My sister paints. Now, in our family, we play that the scum also gets the turtle (Beanie Baby). So, we could have both the real turtle getting closer and closer to my dad, and, in the painted scenes, we could have an animated version of the turtle moving around. My brother does 3-D computer animation. The opening I think will have the simplest explanation of the game in text. Then the game will start pretty normally. I think even in the real shots I'll have some of our house plants and stuff gradually gravitating towards my dad. Anyway, that seems like a real jumble of ideas, and if you don't get what I'm trying to do, that's OK. If all goes well, I can show it to you next year. But that was the most interesting thing that I'm thinking about right now, so that's what you guys get to hear (lucky you!).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home