Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I sort of feel like I'm "out of the loop" or something, since I'm actually happy...

Yes, I miss college and all you guys and I really want to get back. But, I get to see my family here, which makes me happy. I also have a lot more time for writing and reading, which makes me happy. I haven't written a ton, but I got a full page, single-spaced, of Chapter Two done. I also started to draw some of the places in my story. (It's the Over the Water one about Dalion and Meryn, which I've been working on since J-term.) I'm currently almost done with Book 1 of "The Faerie Queene," I'm restarting the Silmarillion (which I'm keeping a running summary of, since I started it before and forgot who half the people were by the time I got to the middle of it), and I reread "The Pilgrim's Regress."

I'm working three days a week at an office. My job is The deadfiles. It consists of going through all the files of all the inactive projects that the company has ever done in its past 20 (?) years of existence, and deciding what need to be destroyed and what still needs to be kept for legal purposes, and entering everything I do into a computer. There are hundreds of boxes of these, and more than a dozen rules for what has to be done to different types of documents. They are all dusty, and lately I've even found a few moldy ones. Seriously, this is the sort of job that it's "fun" to have just for the sheer literary descriptions it enables. I mean, when someone asks you what you're doing for work, what would you rather say - "grocery store," "life guard," "waitressing," or "Deadfiles"?

I went to see "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Fun, but it could have been a lot more fun. "Star Wars" is for next weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Deadfiles. Definitely. Freaking cool, Sharon.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home