I'm going home this weekend
With my grandparents to see the closing program of my home school cooperative (my brother and sister are still in it).
I now see the difference between realistic moral absolutism and pragmatism. Realistic moral absolutism says that there exist transcendent ideals, but that they are not always attainable in extreme situations on this imperfect world. Pragmatism says that whatever works is right. Although, whatever goal we're working towards is determined merely by subjective preference, and so it degenerates into moral subjectivism.
I now see the difference between realistic moral absolutism and pragmatism. Realistic moral absolutism says that there exist transcendent ideals, but that they are not always attainable in extreme situations on this imperfect world. Pragmatism says that whatever works is right. Although, whatever goal we're working towards is determined merely by subjective preference, and so it degenerates into moral subjectivism.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home