Daffodil
As I sit at my computer, immensely pleased with myself for having finished making myself a philosophy study sheet and reading two chapters for Bible (avec note-taking) in about two hours, I am confronted with a third source of joy: a beautiful daffodil.
My medeival friend was at work yesterday, and commented on the beautiful daffodils in someone's vase. She was given two. I was at supper yesterday and commented on the beautiful daffodils in her paper towel. I was given one. So it sits, strangely out of place in my plastic Welcome Week cup, on a plastic bag to keep from leaving water on the desk, a delicate yet bold expression of spring.
Daffodils are my favorite flowers.
My medeival friend was at work yesterday, and commented on the beautiful daffodils in someone's vase. She was given two. I was at supper yesterday and commented on the beautiful daffodils in her paper towel. I was given one. So it sits, strangely out of place in my plastic Welcome Week cup, on a plastic bag to keep from leaving water on the desk, a delicate yet bold expression of spring.
Daffodils are my favorite flowers.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home