I finally have two awesome roommates!
Now I just need a triple.
I'm looking forward to having a dramatic, historical, literary, artistic, French-speaking kind of room.
We'll definitely have to have French days (even though I'm not all that good at it - since we all took at least a few years of French).
I'm definitely back from break. It took a little while to adjust, since I got back late. I know that I'm back. But is everyone else? Hmmm. *warning* more philosophy ahead:
If there is no matter, such as the idealists hold, how can we determine anything such as location?
If there are no others, such as the salipsists hold, are they back or not, and how can someone who doesn't even exist be "back or not"? Is there a third option? Do they float around in the consciousness?
I expressed myself in a rather existentialist way. I said that I was back "now," even though I physically got back on Monday, I only felt like I was back today. What is the essence of where you are - where your mind is or where your body is, or where you feel like you are?
Do you realize that no one denies existence? Even the salipsist believes in himself. I kept waiting for the philosophy that nothing exists to come up. Is there such a one, or is Descartes confirmed by all?
I'm looking forward to having a dramatic, historical, literary, artistic, French-speaking kind of room.
We'll definitely have to have French days (even though I'm not all that good at it - since we all took at least a few years of French).
I'm definitely back from break. It took a little while to adjust, since I got back late. I know that I'm back. But is everyone else? Hmmm. *warning* more philosophy ahead:
If there is no matter, such as the idealists hold, how can we determine anything such as location?
If there are no others, such as the salipsists hold, are they back or not, and how can someone who doesn't even exist be "back or not"? Is there a third option? Do they float around in the consciousness?
I expressed myself in a rather existentialist way. I said that I was back "now," even though I physically got back on Monday, I only felt like I was back today. What is the essence of where you are - where your mind is or where your body is, or where you feel like you are?
Do you realize that no one denies existence? Even the salipsist believes in himself. I kept waiting for the philosophy that nothing exists to come up. Is there such a one, or is Descartes confirmed by all?


4 Comments:
That is probably the most brilliant thing I've heard all day. An ideology which says that absolutely nothing exists. That is seriously brilliant.
wait, who's your third roommate? 'cause i coulda sworn it was me, and i don't speak any french.
ah, well. :)
Really? I thought you did. What do you speak?
English.
Post a Comment
<< Home