Classical music makes me happy and productive - at the same time!
Tonight I was very afraid I would be too distracted to get my work done. So, I put on the classical station, and, as always, it put me into a happy and working mood.
It's only around 9:00, and I already have my outlines for my Darwin and Darwinism exam in their final format, and reviewed the other material for the multiple choice part of the test.
If anyone's curious, my views on Darwinism concur most closely with those of Charles Hodge, from the essay question. Science and Christianity exist in harmony with one another. Charles Hodge distinguishes between Darwinism, as a denial of teleology (the belief in ultimate causes), and the theory of evolution. Darwinism in this sense is atheism and is incompatible with Christianity (Darwinism is more metaphysical than scientific). Evolution can be held by Christians, such as Asa Gray, who still hold God as the initial cause in the universe (evolution is in the realm of the scientific). Evolution just doesn't seem the best option to me, scientifically. Special creation makes more sense, in my reasoning, as well as coinciding better with the biblical account. However, both could be held by Christians - the great difficulty comes not with evolution but with the metaphysical denial of initial causes.
I do have yet to accomplish a summary of a special speaker, but I am pausing to enjoy my completion of preparation for the test.
It's only around 9:00, and I already have my outlines for my Darwin and Darwinism exam in their final format, and reviewed the other material for the multiple choice part of the test.
If anyone's curious, my views on Darwinism concur most closely with those of Charles Hodge, from the essay question. Science and Christianity exist in harmony with one another. Charles Hodge distinguishes between Darwinism, as a denial of teleology (the belief in ultimate causes), and the theory of evolution. Darwinism in this sense is atheism and is incompatible with Christianity (Darwinism is more metaphysical than scientific). Evolution can be held by Christians, such as Asa Gray, who still hold God as the initial cause in the universe (evolution is in the realm of the scientific). Evolution just doesn't seem the best option to me, scientifically. Special creation makes more sense, in my reasoning, as well as coinciding better with the biblical account. However, both could be held by Christians - the great difficulty comes not with evolution but with the metaphysical denial of initial causes.
I do have yet to accomplish a summary of a special speaker, but I am pausing to enjoy my completion of preparation for the test.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home