Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Monday, March 14, 2005

The Thai Embassy

I was at the Thai Embassy today. My family hosted one ambassador as part of a program last fall, and the ambassadors wanted to thank us by inviting all the families down to D.C.

We went down in the morning to the National Art Gallery. So far, my favorites are paintings of forests and oceans and mountains and ships (yes, they usually are on oceans, I know). They had a special Rembrandt exhibit up, of his late religious portraits. Just the building itself is beautiful - there were real azaleas all around the huge fountain in the rotunda.

Then, the Embassy was very fancy, too. Someone took our coats for us. We had lots of hors dourves (spelling?) from all over the world. I got real sushi, and Thai food, and I think some Chinese food. Mmm.

It was kind of different and kind of fun to do something fancy for a day. I dressed up in a jacket and wore my nicest shoes. And now I'm back at college, which is kind of weird.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone, though!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mackenzie said...

Sounds like fun! Someday we all need to make a road trip together.... somewhere or other. Yeah, that was random.

hors d'ouevres I think.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I was in an Embassy once. Only once. I still don't think they've found the transmitter...

mwahahaha...

10:45 AM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

Lucy and I agreed that we like to spend far more time than anyone we're with at museums; we don't feel quite right without reading all the plaques. However, on reflection, it's usually good to have someone faster with you, or you only see a few exhibits. And, we were kind of rushing because we had to get to the embassy. But I want to go back sometime.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home