Northward!
Just got back from vacation, and we're mostly unpacked already. Besides a few days which mainly included driving (and reading), we spent two days in Boston and two in Acadia.
Boston I: Walked the Freedom Trail, personal highlight: boarding Old Ironsides, a genuine 18th century warship.
Boston II: Saw Riverdance live on its tour. Fantastic show.
Acadia I: Climbed the tallest mountain of the East Coast. It only took one hour to get to the peak. Got sunburned on my shoulders, but not on my arms, thanks to my lovely work-related farmer's tan. Ate A Lobster. It was quite tasty.
Acadia II: Some genuine rock-scrambling. Decided to skip the last vertical assent of the "Beehive" trail, due to rain making the rocks slick. I'm talking iron rungs in huge rocks with a hundred-foot-drop if you slip. Not a good idea when rain makes slipping a very genuine possibility.
All in all, it was a great vacation, the best I've had in years, actually. Acadia is the best place for outdoors stuff that I've been to on the East Coast. Mountains, ocean, rocks, and forest, all in the same place. Plus, it's a nice cool place to go in the summer. And lobster really is what it's cracked up to be.
Boston I: Walked the Freedom Trail, personal highlight: boarding Old Ironsides, a genuine 18th century warship.
Boston II: Saw Riverdance live on its tour. Fantastic show.
Acadia I: Climbed the tallest mountain of the East Coast. It only took one hour to get to the peak. Got sunburned on my shoulders, but not on my arms, thanks to my lovely work-related farmer's tan. Ate A Lobster. It was quite tasty.
Acadia II: Some genuine rock-scrambling. Decided to skip the last vertical assent of the "Beehive" trail, due to rain making the rocks slick. I'm talking iron rungs in huge rocks with a hundred-foot-drop if you slip. Not a good idea when rain makes slipping a very genuine possibility.
All in all, it was a great vacation, the best I've had in years, actually. Acadia is the best place for outdoors stuff that I've been to on the East Coast. Mountains, ocean, rocks, and forest, all in the same place. Plus, it's a nice cool place to go in the summer. And lobster really is what it's cracked up to be.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home