Valid
The critique this morning of my Directing scene from Waiting for Godot (which I codirected) was really good. We needed to be slightly more beat-driven and less predictably rhythmic with the dialogue, but our characters were really good, the scene had a definite direction for the relationships, and it fit in the context within a larger world.
The critique this evening of my Writing scene also went really well. I need to drop one "internal thought" line at the beginning, and be slightly less Shakespearean with a few of the lines ("Why must you pester me?" is a little much, apparently). The characters are believable but not cliched and even a bit humorous, and the emotional beats are clear.
Needless to say, I feel pretty validated right about now. I can direct, and I can write, and apparently I have more understanding of real people than I thought.
Oh, I also switched from being very bored with nothing to do to being sleep-deprived with everything to do, as of last Wednesday.
The critique this evening of my Writing scene also went really well. I need to drop one "internal thought" line at the beginning, and be slightly less Shakespearean with a few of the lines ("Why must you pester me?" is a little much, apparently). The characters are believable but not cliched and even a bit humorous, and the emotional beats are clear.
Needless to say, I feel pretty validated right about now. I can direct, and I can write, and apparently I have more understanding of real people than I thought.
Oh, I also switched from being very bored with nothing to do to being sleep-deprived with everything to do, as of last Wednesday.


2 Comments:
Hey, so I know I live with you and I already heard this story, but I still think it's super exciting that they liked the scene you wrote
The end.
Wooh! Congratulations! Not on sleep deprivation (although maybe?) but on validation!
Post a Comment
<< Home