I am on the edge of fashion, and I don't mean the cutting one.
I am very happy to see that long shorts are finally in style! Or rather, women's fashions have finally learned to be sensible in that respect. I got a great pair of long brown shorts, really soft and comfortable, with functional cargo pockets.
I also bought a pair of lightweight orange-striped bell-bottoms at a garage sale. I didn't have to hem them.
I have discovered, while perusing the patterns and the fabrics at the fabric store, that I will probably have to shift for myself if I want to make myself a leather jerkin. All of the fitted ones are too low-necked to be of any value as armor, and all of the sensible-looking ones are for men. Also, the fabric store does not sell leather, or even fake leather of any reasonable degree of thickness. I'm going to try to make my own pattern, and buy an old leather coat to cut up.
I just watched STAR WARS 4 and 5 again (6 is for tonight) after an absence of about 8 years, I think. So many more lines from our conversations and games make sense now... Also, I noticed that STAR WARS 4 takes place in two days. On the morning of the second day, Luke wakes up to discover R2-D2 missing from the repair shed on Tatooine; by the end of the evening, he's destroyed the Death Star.
I also bought a pair of lightweight orange-striped bell-bottoms at a garage sale. I didn't have to hem them.
I have discovered, while perusing the patterns and the fabrics at the fabric store, that I will probably have to shift for myself if I want to make myself a leather jerkin. All of the fitted ones are too low-necked to be of any value as armor, and all of the sensible-looking ones are for men. Also, the fabric store does not sell leather, or even fake leather of any reasonable degree of thickness. I'm going to try to make my own pattern, and buy an old leather coat to cut up.
I just watched STAR WARS 4 and 5 again (6 is for tonight) after an absence of about 8 years, I think. So many more lines from our conversations and games make sense now... Also, I noticed that STAR WARS 4 takes place in two days. On the morning of the second day, Luke wakes up to discover R2-D2 missing from the repair shed on Tatooine; by the end of the evening, he's destroyed the Death Star.


5 Comments:
Mackenzie: Kate does know an Alex, and she thinks it's Alex Babitch: does he make funny Star Wars movies?
Lol. Nice title.
Yep! He sure does! haha. ah, Alex. he's pretty amazing.
Can it really take only two days? That seems utterly absurd.... or do their days just get messed up because they change planets...?
The latter. All the hyperspeed stuff would make it at least a week or so (minimum).
Andrew is correct. The actual number would have to be around 11 days, for various reasons.
In case you were wondering: yes, I did figure it all out. I even typed up a lengthy reply explaining each specific reason, but even I felt too unbearably geeky posting it for others to read.
(but let me know if you want to see the proof)
Post a Comment
<< Home