Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Humbled, but not completely hopeless...

Yay for hanging around outside of Lottie in the light and shadow for over an hour! As part of our exercise regimen, we jumped over 5 feet of backpacks (me) or 10 feet of backpacks plus other stuff (other people). Hey, I have short legs. I could jump over myself lengthwise if I was lying down. Anyway, we also played tag, and here comes my story of humility with redeeming pride (wait! that's not how it's supposed to go, is it?)

My tag abilities are not what they once were. I dashed away towards the library, and then ran out of steam before I could get back to "the safety of the group" or whatever I was aiming for. However, instead of swooping in to make the final tag, my pursuer feigned fatigue as well. As we walked back, breathing heavily, he made a dash - I sidestepped, and he went right past me. Score!

I have resolved my moral dilemma: If pride goes before a fall, humility goes before your enemies' fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Your little maxim at the end of the post reminds me of one of my favorite sayings:

You are never stronger than when your opponent thinks you weakest.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home