Glorious, glorious book sales
I got eight volumes for six dollars, and if you count actual complete stories, probably more like 20 books for six dollars. Favorite first:
A collection of early English literature - Beowulf, Mort D'Arthur, the Faerie Queen, etc. Not abridged. I always wanted to read the rest of the Faerie Queen, after I read a bit of it in my literature book.
A Dorothy Sayers mystery.
All of the Mark Twain stories having to do with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, plus A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (in one volume).
A collection of short Miss Marples.
A collection of short Sherlock Holmes.
King Lear.
A collection of plays by Moliere.
A beautiful hardcover edition of Westward Ho, which I was informed was a wonderful novel set in the times of Francis Drake.
I did NOT buy this, but I think it's amusing: a huge multivolume set of encyclopedias, in French, going for $20.00.
A collection of early English literature - Beowulf, Mort D'Arthur, the Faerie Queen, etc. Not abridged. I always wanted to read the rest of the Faerie Queen, after I read a bit of it in my literature book.
A Dorothy Sayers mystery.
All of the Mark Twain stories having to do with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, plus A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (in one volume).
A collection of short Miss Marples.
A collection of short Sherlock Holmes.
King Lear.
A collection of plays by Moliere.
A beautiful hardcover edition of Westward Ho, which I was informed was a wonderful novel set in the times of Francis Drake.
I did NOT buy this, but I think it's amusing: a huge multivolume set of encyclopedias, in French, going for $20.00.


1 Comments:
Whoops! Forgot Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling.
Post a Comment
<< Home