Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Monday, May 15, 2006

It's starting to feel like my house again, here, now that I can get my clothes out of my own dresser instead of out of the suitcases in the guest room, and I've transferred all the pretty little things I got this semester to places on my desk and dresser and shadowbox.

My brother and I look very respectable; we're both going to interview today at Lancaster Bible College. That means blue or tan corduroy pants and collar t-shirts. I'm grateful Messiah doesn't have a dress code.

I'm reading a collection of short stories by H. G. Wells. He's kind of creepy. Also, if you want a nice overview of Western thought, I highly recommend Sophie's World. It's not quite as entertaining a read as most novels, but it's a lot more entertaining than most textbooks, and I found it helpful to put all of my philosophical ducks in order. Also, as you get to the last quarter of the book, the story takes off and the author messes with your mind (in a good way).

My mom is good.

We bought Civilization III. I tried playing it on Saturday and managed to get defeated in 3 1/2 hours. Ouch. Now I'm trying to help my brother not make the same mistakes I did in his first try.

See you guys on Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger brenderlin said...

My advice would be to start with Civ2 (which is, in my opinion, the best of them all...although I haven't played 4 yet). But if not, just check out the civilipedia and stuff until you figure everything out. You need to know a lot of little things to play that game.

Hey, I think I'm gonna go play Civ3 now...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Captain Shar said...

My brother's Romans are doing OK. He defeated Greece yesterday. I think next time I'm going to start with a Militaristic nation.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home