Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Week Between

Favorite Christmas happening: Sunday morning - our service was packed, and we sang Christmas songs, and a very rambunctious version of Jingle Bells that made everyone happy with everybody else - a great start to the day.

Favorite Christmas gift: A boxed set of hardcover editions of The Lord of the Rings with Allan Lee illustrations.

Close second: Jazz shoes, recommended for Swing.

I went to see Narnia again before Christmas, and I know feel ready to pronounce judgment. It's decently done, and enjoyable. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to sniff at, either. The plot was adapted well to be slightly more fast-paced and cinematic without losing crucial portions, and the focus on the children's perspective was a good choice. Unfortunately, the film as a film didn't have much style; it was adequate, but it had no distinctive flavor. The animation was pretty good; if this one makes enough money, the rest of them will be better. I agree with everyone that Lucy was wonderful, and I thought the rest of the acting was fine. The characters could have been developed more. I want to see what they'll do with Prince Caspian. That story deserves a better treatment than the truncated BBC version gave it.

This weekend I see King Kong.

Croft & Co. have completed their journey and now await most of their color and dialogue. I've managed a bit of reading, and a lot of game-playing with my family. I finally cleaned out my big blue binder for next semester.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home