Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Friday, December 23, 2005

I didn't think I'd like this short story thing, but it's turning out pretty well

After reading McKee's "STORY" book all semester, I've decided to try writing all the events in my story first before writing what will actually appear on the page (like dialogue and description). It seems to be working, because I've gotten through two-thirds of Croft's story. And, this short story thing is really good, because I'm actually going to finish it in a reasonable amount of time (please?).

I've been ice skating every day so far. It's really nice that our pond froze. The only thing is that it's supposed to rain on Christmas. Snow would be nice, and clear weather would be nice. But rain? No. Not for Christmas.

I was so happy to get away from school with all the reading and writing and typing, and now what do I do? I brought back more than ten books from the library, many of them a continuation of theology class, and I'm typing constantly. Ah, well, such is life. I guess I do like being a student. And I only do it when I want to.

I also took a dress that was sort of plainly styled and made it much cooler. I changed the fit and added trim. It's maroon crushed velvet, so I'm wearing it Christmas morning to church. I'll bring it back to school so y'all can see it.

I like the idea of Christmas being on a Sunday. I used to dread that, because we'd have to go to church instead of opening presents. I think I'm learning to love the solemnity of religious traditions.

I get to sleep more. I won't say sleep in, because I'm still getting up around eight most days, but I go to bed earlier.

My family got this cool game for Christmas (we don't always open all our presents Christmas morning if we want them sooner). It consists of lots of tiles with farmland, roads, and rivers, all in different patterns. Everyone has certain numbers of pawns, and you draw tiles and play pawns to try to control different territories. We've been enjoying it a lot, so we got expansion packs that add more value to various parts of it, and also a dragon that goes marauding over the countryside and knocking people out of their claims. It's called Carcasonne, after a French city.

Lucky everybody else got all their grades back. Biology Lab is still not registered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home