Gold
Behind the white horizontal stripes of the blinds is the tiny black boxes of the screen, then the lacy dark branches of the trees, then the fluffy clouds, and then the point of gold light coming through them all, through my window. The heads of the wise men in my glass manger set are catching some of it, but it looks white in them.
I just wrote three little papers between lunch and class. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, even though getting a little farther on a big paper is actually more work.
I envy some of the people in my communication class. Maybe I'm reading them wrong, but anyway...We were talking about career in little groups, and one of the activities was "Name one or two people who you think have great jobs." Some people are in a clear concentration and they have a clear, fairly attainable goal for when they graduate. They picked someone in their hometown who had a nice communication career in a medium-sized company. They don't feel like they want to become internationally known. They don't want to do something so incredibly hard probably only 1 percent of those who attempt it make it. They didn't want something so intense and so difficult to balance between art, business, and faith that you take class after class about it and still wonder. Someone has a lawyer as a neighbor. Someone has a mother who runs an elementary school. Who did I pick as "someone with a great job"? Peter Jackson.
I just wrote three little papers between lunch and class. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, even though getting a little farther on a big paper is actually more work.
I envy some of the people in my communication class. Maybe I'm reading them wrong, but anyway...We were talking about career in little groups, and one of the activities was "Name one or two people who you think have great jobs." Some people are in a clear concentration and they have a clear, fairly attainable goal for when they graduate. They picked someone in their hometown who had a nice communication career in a medium-sized company. They don't feel like they want to become internationally known. They don't want to do something so incredibly hard probably only 1 percent of those who attempt it make it. They didn't want something so intense and so difficult to balance between art, business, and faith that you take class after class about it and still wonder. Someone has a lawyer as a neighbor. Someone has a mother who runs an elementary school. Who did I pick as "someone with a great job"? Peter Jackson.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home