Noumenal Blade

A phenomenal ship

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Hi, there! Captain Shar welcomes you aboard the Noumenal Blade. She's the fastest ship in all of Herohaven.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's not September anymore, so I feel like I should write something new.

I'm super-excited about my senior project. It's actually happening! The drafts are getting better! I'm still not dangerously departing from schedule!

But senior seminar, I have decided, is awkward. It's awkward walking to it at 2:45 pm across campus. It's awkward having to dig for deep meaning about the past and the future with people I mostly don't know. It's awkward being in the comm major at all. I mean, I've thought a lot and read a lot about vocation and the Christian life and all that kind of thing. And then we're supposed to read a sideways-scanned .pdf file summarizing identity development and have a life-changing discussion about it in class? In one hour? What exactly is that supposed to accomplish (and I'm not being flippant)?

Also, I thought that I'd moved past the whole weight-and-image thing I'm sure every girl goes through. So why does it keep nagging at me that the scales in our room put me 10, even 15 pounds heavier than the scales at home? I look the same, I feel the same. Why does a number from a poorly adjusted scale (either this one or the one at home, not sure which) have such power? Or maybe I'm just tired and trying to sound emo.

Wearing techie clothes again is kind of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home