Renaissance Faire! (Love and Romance Weekend)
Well Lucy and I and my family all loved the fantastical, whimsical, yea romantic Renaissance Faire this past weekend, so I suppose the theme fit. ;)
I wore my new pirate coat and actually purchased an accoutrement which will not be frowned upon in public (as it is not a weapon), which you will likely see me carrying about on occasion. Lucy came as the lovely Lucretia, my brother and sister as spellcasters, and my mother resplendent in a brocade gown, and we even convinced my father to abandon his straw fedora for a round feathered hat. We did not manage to prevent him seating us on the losing side of the joust (he didn't remember the 'villain's' announcer) or from being told that he was not a young lady when he picked exactly the wrong moment to stand up and look around for us (the knights were calling for maidens to give them favors)...but still, the hat was good.
I also DMed the last episode of the campaign for my family. My brother is leaving for school this weekend. My last summer between school years is drawing to a close.
I wore my new pirate coat and actually purchased an accoutrement which will not be frowned upon in public (as it is not a weapon), which you will likely see me carrying about on occasion. Lucy came as the lovely Lucretia, my brother and sister as spellcasters, and my mother resplendent in a brocade gown, and we even convinced my father to abandon his straw fedora for a round feathered hat. We did not manage to prevent him seating us on the losing side of the joust (he didn't remember the 'villain's' announcer) or from being told that he was not a young lady when he picked exactly the wrong moment to stand up and look around for us (the knights were calling for maidens to give them favors)...but still, the hat was good.
I also DMed the last episode of the campaign for my family. My brother is leaving for school this weekend. My last summer between school years is drawing to a close.


3 Comments:
And did your family perform heroic feats in the final episode? :)
Oh yes. If you click on my Herohaven blog you can read all about it...battling the fish-faced locathah, restoring the talismans of Air and Sea and Forest to the Unicorn...
That trip sounds really fun, and I'm curious about the accoutrement you mentioned (I hope it's jewelry but I kinda doubt it).
But basically I just wanted to comment to say FOUR DAYS!!! And I love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home