Rave!
The rave party was fun. Thanks to all who put it on. Also, thanks to small pieces of earplugs which effectively preserved my hearing throughout the evening. I really have a fond spot for techno music and strobes...
This week I actually had homework that wasn't easy reading. I had hard reading (ever tried Spinoza?) and easy assignments. We'll see how long this lasts.
Don't think there's much else new. Maybe I should wait longer in between posts.
A little philosophy will spice it up: Spinoza believes that God is the only being with true existence, and everything and everyone else is just a different mode within God. I find this concept highly fascinating. He also completely denies any kind of free will, even for God (Who is a completely necessary being to Spinoza), which I blatantly disagree with.
This week I actually had homework that wasn't easy reading. I had hard reading (ever tried Spinoza?) and easy assignments. We'll see how long this lasts.
Don't think there's much else new. Maybe I should wait longer in between posts.
A little philosophy will spice it up: Spinoza believes that God is the only being with true existence, and everything and everyone else is just a different mode within God. I find this concept highly fascinating. He also completely denies any kind of free will, even for God (Who is a completely necessary being to Spinoza), which I blatantly disagree with.


1 Comments:
Ack! (Yes, I have tried Spinoza. As I recall, I tried and FAILED. :P) But yes, I enjoyed him too. Glad you enjoyed raving... I still remember you having a blast with those little green sticks Joel gave you at the last one... Good times. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home