The Actual Vacation
I decided (as mentioned before) that this week would be my actual vacation. I have done nothing but go to Christmassy events with relatives and gobble down books other people got for Christmas. Spindle's End (Robin McKinley), Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card), The Color of Magic (Terry Pratchett, I actually bought that one with the Barnes and Noble gift card). I hope I don't get a tummy-ache from reading three books in four days. Tomorrow we're going to DC to go to the air and space warehouse part of the Smithsonion, and then to my Maryland grandparents' house.
I went to the mall today, and my parents got me boots and shoes, and I got myself about $150 worth of DVDs and had to pay only $61 of my money after using a gift card and running into some nice sales. In the buy 3 get 1 free bin I found Adaptation, Spider Man, Munich, and Corpse Bride. A complete boxed set of Indiana Jones was buy 1 get 1 free, and so I got deluxe Ben Hur for free as well. Eh, better than a free "the complete James Dean." I also received Firefly, Serenity, and the theatrical release Star Wars at various points throughout the week. Oh, and since I opted out of the Unlimited Matrix (a ten disk set with a plastic Neo bust), my parents found a nice single disk of The Matrix which they got me as an early birthday present.
As for what we did on actual Christmas Day? Why don't you check it out at my Herohaven blog.
I went to the mall today, and my parents got me boots and shoes, and I got myself about $150 worth of DVDs and had to pay only $61 of my money after using a gift card and running into some nice sales. In the buy 3 get 1 free bin I found Adaptation, Spider Man, Munich, and Corpse Bride. A complete boxed set of Indiana Jones was buy 1 get 1 free, and so I got deluxe Ben Hur for free as well. Eh, better than a free "the complete James Dean." I also received Firefly, Serenity, and the theatrical release Star Wars at various points throughout the week. Oh, and since I opted out of the Unlimited Matrix (a ten disk set with a plastic Neo bust), my parents found a nice single disk of The Matrix which they got me as an early birthday present.
As for what we did on actual Christmas Day? Why don't you check it out at my Herohaven blog.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home