Excellent Weekend
Amy's bridal shower was very purple. We surprised her as she came up the stairs, decked her with tiara and fairy wand, and gave her presents. We played silly games and ate delicious food and cake. I thought it was a grand success.
Upon our return to campus we decided to go to the Rave, or at least a Christian College version thereof. We spent a ridiculous amount of time deciding what to wear. I didn't really want to go, but I ended up having a lot of fun and actually wearing myself out so that I wasn't overenergetic for the rest of the night. I'm sure I looked pretty ridiculous dancing, but being surrounded by lots of my friends who also had (at least some of them) rather vague notions of what we were supposed to be doing, it was all cool. I obtained an increased liking for techno music, and an increased fondness for my poor ears.
Sunday was pretty rushed. After getting back from church and eating a quick lunch, I called my family and then called the people on my film crew to see if we were actually all ready to go for 2:00. Lucy agreed to be my subject, "the girl who wants to read." Hmm. I'll have to come up with something niftier for the credits. Anyway, we got all the equipment out, I loaded the film properly, got to my first location, set up the tripod, measured my lighting, set my f-stop, and focused my lens, all with help from my film crew. My first pan was a bit shaky, and I cut before I should have on the second shot, but the rest of the shots went very well. We finished by 4:00. I declare my first film a success - we'll see what I say when I get it back from the lab.
Now it's time to buckle down to the two midterms, three final paper topics, and set of Comm. journal entries I have for this week.
Upon our return to campus we decided to go to the Rave, or at least a Christian College version thereof. We spent a ridiculous amount of time deciding what to wear. I didn't really want to go, but I ended up having a lot of fun and actually wearing myself out so that I wasn't overenergetic for the rest of the night. I'm sure I looked pretty ridiculous dancing, but being surrounded by lots of my friends who also had (at least some of them) rather vague notions of what we were supposed to be doing, it was all cool. I obtained an increased liking for techno music, and an increased fondness for my poor ears.
Sunday was pretty rushed. After getting back from church and eating a quick lunch, I called my family and then called the people on my film crew to see if we were actually all ready to go for 2:00. Lucy agreed to be my subject, "the girl who wants to read." Hmm. I'll have to come up with something niftier for the credits. Anyway, we got all the equipment out, I loaded the film properly, got to my first location, set up the tripod, measured my lighting, set my f-stop, and focused my lens, all with help from my film crew. My first pan was a bit shaky, and I cut before I should have on the second shot, but the rest of the shots went very well. We finished by 4:00. I declare my first film a success - we'll see what I say when I get it back from the lab.
Now it's time to buckle down to the two midterms, three final paper topics, and set of Comm. journal entries I have for this week.


2 Comments:
You call that a ridiculous amount of time deciding what to wear?
Are you serious?
Psh. Homeschoolers. Couldn't take a long time getting ready if they tried...
Oh yes we could...remember the ball?
Post a Comment
<< Home