My mouse story...
In FYS last Monday, we were calmly waiting for class to begin, when two of the guys walked in and a mouse was on the floor. Now, I know it hadn't been there before, so one of them must have dropped it. I went to get some paper towels and scoop it up, but the rest of the class wanted to leave it for the prof. to see. So, when he came in, I informed him that one of our class members was deceased. He counted everyone, and no one was missing. We then showed him the mouse on the floor. I scooped it up in the towels, and was going to throw it out, when Matt said it ought to have a proper burial. So, I promptly gave it to him! He wasn't expecting that. (I was rather pleased with myself. I'm always trying to think of a good comeback to him!) Then, the guy who had brought it picked it up by the tail and threw it at his friend. It eventually ended up in the trash can, and the entire class observed a moment of silence for the mouse. I can vouch that the mouse wasn't from the biology department, because I had to use those in my play, and they're all white. However, there was a mouse on my floor, in my friend's room, that week. I think I've run into entirely too many mice at college. Thankfully, I'm not one of those squeamish people who can't stand them, or I don't know what I would have thought of Messiah by now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home